Friday, August 27, 2010

Kick start and play

Some days you just need a little kick start to begin painting. And some days nothing I paint pleases me and the harder I work on a piece the less I like it. I'm talking about the three or four paintings I've been working on off and on--mainly off. The last colors I put on will now again be gessoed over.

So today when I read Robert Genn's twice weekly newsletter it was really written for me. It's time to play. It's time to start a new piece and turn the starts to the wall for a while. I'm stubborn and will not give up on the earlier paintings.

My critique group has a salon show in a member's home October 2nd and 3rd. I wanted to do some smaller pieces on paper and mat them for the show. It isn't going well and I have more trouble with smaller pieces so I'm not going to force it. It hasn't been fun and if it isn't fun then why am I doing it at all?

Here is the link to the Genn newsletter.

Yesterday I read a blog about a woman who liked to travel and was solo now. Her thought matches mine for travel and painting both: "While I can, I will".

Go paint.

No comments :