Saturday, April 4, 2009

How to get into a gallery & beach trip

I went to the Oregon coast with some friends where we rented a house and had a good time being together. However, the weather was cold and stormy and it was a make a fire in the fireplace and stay inside visit. I did go to Cannon Beach to see the galleries. I found being there on a Tuesday in the off season was not a good choice. Several restaurants were closed as well as a few galleries. If you want to go to Cannon Beach the first week end in May is a better choice as they have the Spring Opening then with lots of events in the galleries.

I've read a variety of books and blogs about how to get into a gallery. It isn't an easy task at the best of times and the rules have changed a little in the current economy. If you have suggestions or have something that worked for you, please let me know.

I've been reading the blogs from Joanne Mattera and Edward Winkleman for a while now and find their information to be excellent and thought provoking. Joanne wrote a blog about how not to approach a gallery and Edward wrote about her post and added some of his own thoughts. They are both good writers and state their opinions clearly and directly. Which I appreciate. 

No comments :