Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bastille Day Celebration



Last Saturday, July 11th, my daughter and I went to the Bastille Day celebration in Jamison Square which is in Portland's Pearl District. It was a lovely day with sun in the afternoon. We ate lunch at Fenouil which is right on the square. Their large windows can be raised up so the interior becomes part of the whole outdoor eating area as well.

Lots of children playing in the fountain. Nice size mellow crowd. French food booths that were overrun with customers. A fencing demo with French commentary. I've had four French lessons now and occasionally could pick a word here and there that sounded familiar. Lots going on and we really enjoyed the waiters race.

What's going on in the studio? Not much right now but it's always on my mind and I have five 16x16 pieces to finish up and will post photos when they're done. What I'm really interested in doing is working on the 36x36 piece that is totally gilded with gold leaf. Just having a busy time with other things right now.

No comments :