Monday, May 24, 2010

Liquitex demo

Recently I attended a Liquitex demo at Art Media. I do use their products and paints but had no idea how many products or interesting mediums they had available.

Here is a good place to start learning and exploring what they have. I think this introductory set of six mediums would be a good start on my explorations. I spent way too much time exploring their Youtube site.

They gave us a nice hand out of materials to read including a catalog, The Acrylic Book as well as many project cards. There was also a bottle of soft body paint, gloss medium and varnish and slow-dri blending medium. Liquitex has a new line of acrylic inks that look very promising too.

So here are the products I want to try: Inks, pouring medium, flow aid, clear gesso, lava gel, ceramic stucco, glazing medium, blending medium, blended fibers, glass beads, Liquithick thickening gel and the list goes on.

Here are a few tips from my notes. Use airbrush medium rather than water. If using water don't use more than 30% on a gessoed canvas. They have just come out with a transparent raw sienna which is hard to imagine but might be interesting. Use Winsor and Newton brush cleaner and restorer to remove paint from clothing.



No comments :