Monday, September 22, 2008

Painting progress & reunion

I was gone for a few days to a school reunion. We were near Shady Cove Oregon on a classmate's ranch. The school mascot is below---Grizzlies.  Makes a good cup holder, huh?
A view of the ranch.
I'm working on the paintings I posted last time. They aren't quite ready for progress photos or far enough along to show any real changes. I'm at the place where it's easy to go over the top or over do it. Thank heavens for alcohol. No, not for me to drink although there are times when I'm not painting that some alcohol would probably be helpful. I spray 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol on the painting and wait a few seconds and scrub (gently) with a stiff brush, spray with water and wipe clean. If the paint is thick it may take several times with this treatment. Guess you can tell I've over done it in the past!

Also go take a look at Casey Klahn's blog The Colorist. His last two posts have been about moral courage and art. Interesting topic.


1 comment :

Casey Klahn said...

Thanks for the link, Jan. And thanks for reading.