Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Southwest Art Fair

I went to the Southwest Art Fair in Indio CA at the polo grounds on Friday 1-23-09, which was the opening day. The weather was perfect, the grounds were a flat and spacious lawn. There were a variety of arts represented including three dimensional, painters, jewelers, wood workers, glass makers and a lot of miscellaneous works. A very mixed bag with some high end work as well as some work I wondered how it made it through the jurying. It would have been a much smaller show if had had been the juror! Just kidding! I think their goal was to have a variety of price points available to the public. The local newspaper said they had a larger crowd this year than in the past.

I had a wonderful time and spoke to several artists which is always fun. It was a very well managed show.

If you happen to be in the Coachella valley any time I would recommend the Living Desert in Palm Desert as well as the Palm Springs tram. The weather just cannot be beat for this time of year.

I'll be off line for several days as we travel home and hope to have some photos to share soon. I'm looking forward to being home again even though the weather doesn't look at all good but it's what I've come to expect for this time of year.

Can't wait to get on the road again!

No comments :