Saturday, January 10, 2009

Traveling

I've been traveling and left home December 29th. We had borrowed a lap top and hoped to connect with wireless along the way and when we arrived in the Palm Springs area. It didn't happen and we've been working on the problem for far too long. We've hooked up to the local cable and now I can access the internet. However, email is another matter. I have to go to my Comcast account send and receive emails there but it will work for now. 

Not too much happening on the art front but I have done a little work in my journal with paint and collage. While the computer was not working I read about four or five books which I usually don't do at home.

Today I'm going to a class about the art business taught by Bob Burridge in Indian Wells. I'm looking forward to learning some new things but also looking forward to talking to other artists. I've only found one art store here and while it's small, it does have a good selection.

I love the surrounding hills in the Coachella Valley and have been taking a lot of photos. I'll up load some the next time I post.

I'm glad to be here and enjoy the sunshine and the temps in the 60's or low 70's during the day time. Not warm enough yet for me to go swimming though! Is it worth the 1200 mile drive one way? Still thinking about that and the drive back home. Well, one mile at a time!

No comments :