Friday, December 26, 2008

Quotes

Today I'm dipping into a file on my desktop filled with quotes. I think they all relate to art but some of then do so only indirectly. Just seems like the time of year for it!

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying
Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
is to have kept your soul alive. Robert Louis Stevenson

Among those whom I like or admire,
I can find no common denominator,
but among those whom I love, I can;
all of them make me laugh. W. H. Auden

If you could say it in words, there'd be no reason to paint. Edward Hopper

The best day of your life is one on which you decide your life is your own.
No apologies or excuses.
No one to lean on, rely on, or blame.
The gift is yours--it is an amazing journey--and you alone are responsible 
for the quality of it.
This is the day your life really begins. Bo Moawad

No comments :