Saturday, September 12, 2009

Travels and sketching




I just returned from trip to Black Butte Ranch near Sisters Oregon. Several artists stayed at the home of one of our fellow artists.

The weather was perfect. The surrounding mountains were beautiful. What a perfect place to sketch. I don't have pictures of the sketches but I will post some photos.

The community where we stayed is very well kept and has two golf courses. The house we stayed in was on a golf course and we had fun watching the golfers play and look around for lost balls. There are many miles of bike paths and most of us did a fair amount of walking.

We also took a walk along the Metolius river and spent time checking out the stores is Sisters.

In case I ever forget what a wonderfully varied place Oregon is I just need to head east over the mountains or west to the coast. What a great place to live. But don't tell anyone. Oh, the secrets out already?

No comments :