Thursday, June 16, 2011

First day in Paris and Paris birds

The first day in Paris I did a lot of walking because I wanted to see everything and still didn't feel brave enough to take on the Metro system. I stopped to rest and look around on the Pont Royale and various photos are of this area. The very large Musee d'Orsay in front of me and the Louvre behind and abundant traffic and the traffic cop's whistle all around. Tourist central. The other photos are in the courtyard of the Louvre. Note the group following the bright colored umbrella. They were American teens and very, very noisy.

While I looked around I saw this crow or raven--I don't know the difference--looking as if to see if anyone was paying attention to him. The garbage "cans" are all over the city but still the citizens don't seem to understand how they work. But the crows know how they work! Tear and peck a hole in the bottom and have a meal.

The day I went to the Rodin I had lunch in an outdoor area in their garden. I watched a mother with two small children eat their meal and leave the table. Within two seconds their table was covered in what my brother calls flying rats. Very large healthy pigeons descended and tore the table apart. The sparrows hung back and waited. Almost immediately someone came out and cleared the table. Wish I had reacted quick enough to take some photos.

My apartment was very near the Luxembourg gardens and early in the morning I could hear the owls and mourning doves. Lots of bird talk.








No comments :